“The students handled the new situation very well and showed excellent performance!” - Hans Stöckli, President of the Council of States and member of the jury of Youth Debate.
The National Final of the Youth Debate took place on Saturday June 13 in a completely digital version! 40 young people competed for the title of best debater of Switzerland, in two preliminary rounds and a final round. In addition to lively debates on various subjects, the students had the opportunity to ask crucial questions to certain parliamentarians. You can find all the debates here.
A big round of applause for the winners of the day:
- Secondary I German: Livia Zingg, Gymnasium Köniz-Lerbermatt
- Secondary II German: Lia Blättler, Kantonsschule Menzingen
- Secondary I French: Ange Emmanuelli & Elektra Gisclon, École Germaine de Staël
- Secondary II French: Aurélie Guignard & Stéphane Bürki, Gymnase de Nyon
Best of Awards
- Knowledge of the subject: Livia Zingg, Gymnasium Köniz-Lerbermatt
- Expression: David Gabi, Kantonsschule Zofingen
- Dialogue: Lia Blättler, Kantonsschule Menzingen
- Persuasion: Lia Blättler, Kantonsschule Menzingen