1. INTRODUCTORY REMARKS
During your use of this website, various personal data are collected. These are data that can be used to identify you personally. In this privacy statement, we describe what data we collect, how we collect them and for what purposes. When you as the user of this website give us third-party personal data, we assume that you have obtained the consent of these parties to submit these data. Please ensure that any such parties are also familiar with this privacy statement.
2. LEGAL GROUNDS
This privacy statement is governed by the laws of Switzerland, in particular the Federal Act Regarding Data Protection (DSG). The following provisions also take into account the new regulations relating to the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU of 2018 (GDPR).
The following party is in charge of the operation of the accessed website:
Thurgauerstrasse 119, 8152 Glattpark (Opfikon)
+41 44 644 00 60, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. COLLECTION AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA AND THE NATURE AND PURPOSE OF THEIR USE
4.1 Visiting the website
When you access our website, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is captured without any action on your part and is stored until it is automatically erased:
• IP address of the accessing computer
• Date and time of the access
• Name and URL of the accessed file
• Website from which the access originated (referrer URL)
• Browser used and possibly the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
We process the aforementioned data for the following purposes:
• To secure the trouble-free establishment of a connection to the website
• To secure the ease of use of our website
• Analysis of system security and stability and for other administrative purposes
The data processing is in compliance with the DSG. Under no circumstances are data collected with the objective of drawing conclusions about the person. Furthermore, we process personal data — to the extent applicable — in compliance with Article 6 of the GDPR (alternatively, non-exhaustive list):
• Consent of the data subject
• Processing of personal data required for the performance of a contract with the data subject or for the taking of initial steps for the conclusion of a contract
• Our legitimate interests, in particular being able to provide the website and continuously improve it
In addition, we utilise cookies and analysis services during visits to our website.
4.2 Registration for newsletters
Newsletters are sent to our customers solely upon their express request. Only the data you have entered yourself are stored during registration. The IP address as well as time and date of use may be stored as well for the purpose of preventing misuse. Personal data regarding whether and, if so, when a newsletter in an email is opened and what web links the user selects may be collected. Unsubscribing is possible at any time; there is, for instance, a link for this purpose at the end of every newsletter. Alternatively, you can send your unsubscribe request to us by email if you wish.
4.3 Contact form
Whenever you have questions of any nature, we provide to you the opportunity to contact us using the form that is available on the website. In this case, you must enter a valid email address so that we know who the query is from and so that we can respond to it. Additional information can be submitted voluntarily. We store all of the information you provide for the purpose of processing your query and of handling any subsequent questions you have. The data processing for the purpose of establishing contact with us is based on your freely given consent. You may withdraw this consent at any time. We keep the stored data until you request its erasure or withdraw your consent or the purpose for the data storage ceases to exist (processing of your query is concluded). This provision is subject to mandatory statutory regulations, especially retention periods.
5. TRANSFER OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
Your personal data are not transferred to third parties for any purposes other than those specified below.
We transfer your personal data to third parties solely if and when (alternatively):
• You have given your express consent to the transfer;
• The transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-transfer of your data;
• There is a legal obligation for the transfer;
• The transfer is lawful and required for the performance of contractual relationships with you.
7. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
The following third-party services may be used for the optimisation of the website. Moreover, these captured data enable us to record and analyse statistically the use of our website. This represents our legitimate interest and ultimately benefits future users of the website as well.
• Google Analytics
• Google AdWords Conversion Tracking
• Google Maps
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Pursuant to data protection legislation, you have the following rights:
• You may obtain from us, free of charge, a confirmation of whether we process your personal data and, insofar as applicable, request information about our processing of your personal data (origin, recipients and purpose);
• You may restrict the processing of your personal data;
• You may have your data transferred to another controller insofar as the GDPR is applicable;
• You may request the rectification, erasure or restriction of your personal data unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for performance of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
• You may revoke any consent you have given.
Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority competent for data protection.
The data security of your personal data is very important to us. We treat your personal data confidentially and in conformity with legal regulations and with this privacy statement.
During your visit to the website, we use the commonly used SSL technology (Secure Socket Layer). This ensures that data that you communicate to us cannot be read by third parties. As a rule, 256-bit encryption is used. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we fall back on 128-bit v3 technology in stead.
You can see whether a particular page of our internet site is transferred in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or a padlock icon in your browser’s status or address bar. In other respects, we use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulations, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in step with technological development. With respect to data security, we wish to point out that confidentiality cannot be guaranteed for unencrypted email communications. There is a risk that third parties can view the content of unencrypted emails and the files sent by this means. Insofar as we receive unencrypted emails, we will regard this as your consent to establish contact with you in this form as well.
10. DURATION OF THE DATA STORAGE
We store your personal data only as long as this is required for the performance of contractual or legal obligations. This includes the full duration of the active business relationship (from the engagement to the conclusion) and extends to encompass statutory retention and documentation obligations. In particular, the data are archived for the defence against any claims that may be asserted against our company (within the limitation period). As soon as the storage of your personal data is no longer necessary, they will always and as far as possible be erased or anonymised.
11. CURRENTNESS AND MODIFICATION OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement is currently valid and was most recently revised in August 2018. It may become necessary to modify or amend this privacy statement as a consequence of the continued development of our website and portfolio or because of changes in legal or official requirements. The most recently revised privacy statement can be retrieved and printed out from our website at any time.